Every financial situation is different and as such, your priorities in working with a financial adviser will be unique to you. We are here to help you make the best possible financial decisions that fit your life. We will do this together with a process that is easy to follow and sets you up for long-term success.
The purpose of our initial meeting is to get to know each other. We want to learn more about you, your family, and your lifestyle. From there, we will discuss your priorities and goals, where you are currently and where you would like to be in the future.
The discovery meeting is also an opportunity for you to get to know the Together Planning team. We will introduce you to our firm’s philosophy, services, processes, and staff. To give you an idea of our tools, we will also give you a brief overview of our financial technology and show you how it is used to bring clarity to your financial landscape.
Then, if you are ready to proceed, we will gather some basic information from you to get started and welcome you to Together Planning!
- Gather documents and complete the Financial Planning Fact Finder.
- Meet with your adviser to discuss your expectations, concerns, and goals.
- Link accounts from other institutions to your financial plan so that the balances and holdings will stay up to date.
- Answer any follow-up questions your adviser may have in building your plan.
- Your plan is complete! You will see your probability of success and we will provide recommendations for increasing that probability if necessary.
- Identify topics that you would like to explore in more detail with your adviser (such as budgeting, college funding, insurance analysis, retirement income planning, etc.)
- Access your plan 24-hours per day.
- Meet with your adviser annually to review and update your plan and revise recommendations.
Your plan is not just a snapshot, but a living document that will continue to guide you as you make progress toward your goals.
- Complete the Riskalyze questionnaire.
- Submit your current investment account statements.
- We will analyze your holdings and show you the risk level, expected return, and costs of your current portfolio.
- If appropriate, we will recommend changes and show you the potential impact on the risk level, expected return, costs, and tax implications of the changes.
- We will review your portfolio regularly. You will be able to access your accounts via our client portal and mobile app.
You Are Together!
Here is what that means.
- Your financial plan is complete and live.
- You know the next steps to complete your financial goals.
- You enjoy 24/7 access to your financial information and financial plan, both of which are always up-to-date with current data.
- Your accounts are invested according to the strategy we develop together.
- You will have an annual formal review of your financial plan and investments.
- You can call, email, or video chat with your adviser at any time.